[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SE screen quality

roskar@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Veljko Roskar) (08/13/90)

In article <1990Aug11.215303.23121@Neon.Stanford.EDU> philip@pescadero.stanford.edu writes:
>In article <2WSNKHF@cs.swarthmore.edu>, fought@campus.swarthmore.edu writes:
>
>> By the way, whenever I see an SE or SE/30 in action, one thing comes to
>> mind:  Why are SE screens so much worse than all of the Plus screens I've
>> seen?  In the best case, they are just a little blurry, and in the worst it
>> is impossible to read anything that has been reverse highlighted.  My
>> MacPlus is clear as a bell.  Has anyone else noticed this?  If I get an SE/
>common between the Plus and SE. Maybe Apple isn't adjusting them as carefully

I noticed a similar thing. We bought two SE's and a Plus. The Plus screen was
sharper than either one of the SE's although one of the SE's screen was
a LOT sharper and brighter than the other SE.

Is there a screw or a knob that can be tweaked to adjust the sharpness? I
checked the innards of all three computers and they all have the Samsung CRT.

I heard that Larry Pina's book may offer some help, as it comes with a disk
that includes a test screen to help you make adjustments?

Thank you all so.
--
Best regards,
Veljko Roskar                            | roskar@jhuvms.bitnet