[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mac Plus RAM addition

onder@ISI.EDU (Bruce Onder) (08/15/90)

I am interested in adding at least 1 meg to my Plus.  But a friend
warned me to make sure I don't have to add SIMMs in pairs, like he has
to for his Mac II.

What's the scoop?  Do I have to add memory in banks?  If so, what are
the details?  Any and all help would be most bonus.  :)

Please email.

Bruce
"What's goin' -- I say -- what's goin' on here?"

jprice@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu (John Price) (08/15/90)

In article <14577@venera.isi.edu>, onder@ISI.EDU (Bruce Onder) writes:
>What's the scoop?  Do I have to add memory in banks?  If so, what are
>the details?  Any and all help would be most bonus.  :)

	Yes, SIMMs do have to be added in pairs.  You should probably get
an instruction manual when you get the SIMMs - most of the bigger
mail-order places sell a kit for this purpose that comes with more-or-less
complete instructions.

  John Price                   | Internet: jprice@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu
  5-145 Knudsen Hall           | BITNET:   price@uclaph
  UCLA Dept. of Physics        | DECnet:   uclapp::jprice
  Los Angeles, CA  90024-1547  | YellNet:  213-825-2259
             Where there is no solution, there is no problem.