[comp.sys.mac.hardware] TypeAlign

lucy@mofh.uucp (Gary J. Hamilton) (08/07/90)

Having purchased a Dove Marathon 030-16 for my Plus, I expected a few
incompatabilities. I found one. Adobe TypeAlign ver 1.0 locks up the
machine faster than anything I've ever seen. After a call to Adobe, they say
a release to deal with the problem has been issued and the version is 1.0.3,
and this will take care of the problem. After obtaining the version, and
watching the machine lock up as fast as it did before, I call Adobe, and
they tell me that the problem is a basic compatability problem, and yes they
are aware of it, and no, they are not working on it.

Does anybody know of a package that can be used to create nice curved
postscript effects and the other things that this package does?

mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) (08/16/90)

In article <kZTHN2w162w@mofh.uucp> lucy@mofh.uucp (Gary J. Hamilton)
writes:
>  After obtaining the version, and
> watching the machine lock up as fast as it did before

 Sorry to hear that, it is a nice program.

> Does anybody know of a package that can be used to create nice curved
> postscript effects and the other things that this package does?

 Try TypeStyler from Broderbund. It also allows you to do curved text and
funky effects of which you can save as EPS files. It uses its own font
format but you can supposedly convert PS fonts (Type 1 Adobe fonts crash
my machine when converting.) TypeStyler is a bit slow at times, even on
030 machines, but is very flexible and can print to no-PS printers.
 Give it a look.
 Marshall
--mjv@brownvm.brown.edu