[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Attaching ImageWriter I to an SE/30

xzoy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (08/14/90)

that be an "ImageWriter Classic?") I don't know the pinouts, but I can give
you an Apple part number, whereby any Apple Dealer type should be able to
order it for you.
Part number: M0199
Part Name:   MacPlus peripheral adapter cable
ImageWriter I printer and the Apple 300 and 1200 baud modems.
List Price:  $20

It should also work with the SE/30, even though its not specifically
mentioned in the description. I know this isn't exactly what you were
looking for, but I thought it might help.

--Tonya Byard, Cornell University

In article <5051.26c7eba6@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> xzoy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>that be an "ImageWriter Classic?") I don't know the pinouts, but I can give
>you an Apple part number, whereby any Apple Dealer type should be able to
>order it for you.
>Part number: M0199
>Part Name:   MacPlus peripheral adapter cable
>ImageWriter I printer and the Apple 300 and 1200 baud modems.
>List Price:  $20
>
>It should also work with the SE/30, even though its not specifically
>mentioned in the description. I know this isn't exactly what you were
>looking for, but I thought it might help.

This cable won't work.  It is a DIN-8 to DB-9 female cable.  You would then
STILL need an ADDITIONAL cable (DB9-DB25 for the printer, DB9-DB9 for the
modems)
][, ][+, ///, ///+, //e, //c, IIGS, //c+ --- Any questions?

vector@jessica.stanford.edu (Canyon Chan) (08/17/90)

>In article <5051.26c7eba6@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> xzoy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:

>>Part number: M0199
>>Part Name:   MacPlus peripheral adapter cable
>>ImageWriter I printer and the Apple 300 and 1200 baud modems.
>>List Price:  $20
>>It should also work with the SE/30, even though its not specifically
>>mentioned in the description. I know this isn't exactly what you were
>>looking for, but I thought it might help.

I have had an Imagewriter I hooked up to my SE for 3 years. All I needed
was the above part which turns the round DIN plug into the equivalent of
the trapezoidal old Plus plug. Then, you just connect the IW cable to
the DB plug. No problems.

As far as I know, Apple hasn't changed the pinouts for the printer port for
the SE/30 (which would seem rather ridiculous). I don't see any reasons why
it won't work.

Good luck!

Canyon Chan
Academic Information Resources, Stanford University
vector@jessica.stanford.edu