[comp.sys.mac.hardware] External 800k disk question.

eggimann@maxzilla.encore.com (Scott Eggimann) (08/28/90)

Greetings All,

A question regarding my floppy drive in my Mac Plus:

My internal floppy drive died.  I have an external 800k apple floppy
drive.  Can I simply swap the guts from the external drive and replace the
guts from the internal drive?

Normally this wouldn't bother me, but disk space has become an issue.

Thank you in advance.

scott

joe@cbnews.att.com (Joseph Judge) (09/02/90)

	Yes, just swap it.

	Unplug the ribbon cable from the motherboard, undo the screws holding
	the cage to the Mac. Unscrew the side screws and the drive falls out.

	Reverse to install... easy.

	- joe 		Joseph Judge	joe@cblpf.att.com