[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Large Hard Drives

spellbinder@uwav1.u.washington.edu (08/11/90)

Hi,
   We've got an old MacII with a 40M hard drive. Not suprisingly, we're running
out of space and considering getting a 100M or larger external hard drive. I'm
wondering if anybody knows of any review articles for these large hard drives.
I found a review article in MacUser several months back which covered smaller
hard drives ( <90M ). Also, does anybody have any experiences with these
large drives that they could pass along.

Thanks a lot

Blair Zajac                      Zajac@phast.phys.washington.edu
Department of Physics            Spellbinder@vax1.acs.washington.edu
University of Washington

spellbinder@uwav1.u.washington.edu (08/13/90)

Hi,
   I posted this message a couple of days ago:
In article, spellbinder@uwav1.u.washington.edu writes:

> Hi,
>    We've got an old MacII with a 40M hard drive. Not suprisingly, we're
> running
> out of space and considering getting a 100M or larger external hard drive. I'm
> wondering if anybody knows of any review articles for these large hard drives.
> I found a review article in MacUser several months back which covered smaller
> hard drives ( <90M ). Also, does anybody have any experiences with these
> large drives that they could pass along.

Well, I'd like to thank the people who responded to my query. It seemed that
when I mentioned large hard drives, people thought I meant 500M or greater.
Well, I don't have enough money right now to purchase one this big. To be
more specific, I'm looking for hard drives that hold from 100M to 200M of
data. If anybody out there has any experience with hard drives in this
range or if anybody knows of a review article about these hard drives
and could reply, then that would be just great.

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Blair Zajac                      Zajac@phast.phys.washington.edu
Department of Physics            Spellbinder@vax1.acs.washington.edu
University of Washington

vinnie@pawl.rpi.edu (Matthew V Whalen) (09/14/90)

   I racall that several months ago, there was a discussion about large hard
drive prices.  Now I'm in the market for a large one (about 250-350 Meg) and
am trying to find a low price.  I was hoping that someone could post a summary
of the prices found, or any new lower prices for these.  Thanks in advance

Matthew Whalen   (vinnie@pawl.rpi.edu
		  cwhalen@vms.ecs.rpi.edu_)