[comp.sys.mac.hardware] New MacSync HC

6600bill@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu ( ) (09/15/90)

A short while ago someone was talking about the Sony 1302 monitor.  I'm
looking for a fairly high quality monitor.  So far I narrowed my choices
down to the Apple 13" RGB and the New MacSync HC (High Contrast).  I've
used the Apple one extensively and like it...that's basically what I'm
used to.
While working for an Apple VAR I got the chance to install a HC at a
client's office.  I was _very_ impressed with the resolution and
clarity of the monitor.  I got some literature (propoganda?) from Nec,
all of which checks out just fine (compard to the 13" RGB).

What I'm asking the net is if you have had any bad experiences with the
HC.  My VAR can sell it to me for $425...a bit nicer than Apple's $700.

Thanks for your help!

== Puneet Pasrich ============ Internet:  6600bill@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu ==========
== Karate Kid ================ Bitnet:    6600bill@ucsbuxa.bitnet ============
== In Capitalism, man exploits man. In Communism, it's the other way around. =

granteri@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Grant Erickson) (09/16/90)

6600bill@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu ( ) writes:
>A short while ago someone was talking about the Sony 1302 monitor.  I'm
>looking for a fairly high quality monitor.  So far I narrowed my choices
>down to the Apple 13" RGB and the New MacSync HC (High Contrast).  I've
>used the Apple one extensively and like it...that's basically what I'm
>used to.
>While working for an Apple VAR I got the chance to install a HC at a
>client's office.  I was _very_ impressed with the resolution and
>clarity of the monitor.  I got some literature (propoganda?) from Nec,
>all of which checks out just fine (compard to the 13" RGB).
>
>What I'm asking the net is if you have had any bad experiences with the
>HC.  My VAR can sell it to me for $425...a bit nicer than Apple's $700.
>
>Thanks for your help!
>
>--
>== Puneet Pasrich ============ Internet:  6600bill@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu ==========
>== Karate Kid ================ Bitnet:    6600bill@ucsbuxa.bitnet ============
>== In Capitalism, man exploits man. In Communism, it's the other way around. =

Am I to assume that the MacSync is different than the MacSync HC. I am
shopping for a IIci system right now, and considered getting an Apple 13" RGB
with the RasterOps 208/24 Bit. However, price and bad press on the VLF
Radiation etc on the Apple have made me shy away, but I am one of those folks
who likes to have everything on my desk with the little Multi-Color Apple. But
the NEC MacSync has an attractive price, but I have heard nothing in the line
of specifications, but some say it is too dark and sightly fuzzy. We have an
NEC Tv in our home, and it works great. Does this MS HC eliminate the darkness
and the  fuzziness?

If you could send me some specifications on the NEC MacSync and MacSync HC, it
would be great along with any objective or subjective comments abou either.

I also heard rumor that the Maganavox 14" Color and the MacSync monitor are
one in the same, any truth to the rumor?

Grant Erickson

| UUCP: {rosevax, crash, orator}!orbit!pnet51!granteri    |
| ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!granteri@nosc.mil              |
| INET: granteri@pnet51.cts.com                           |
| The right half of the brain controls the left half      |
| of the body. This means that only left-handed people    |
| are in their right mind.                                |