[comp.sys.mac.hardware] scsi mounting problem

wlj1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Wayne L Jebian) (09/14/90)

When I start up my SyQuest 45MB drive it mounts eight identical volumes from
 one cartrige.  I used a utility called CRU to install it, and use the CRU INIT
for auto-mounting at startup. The root windows contain all the same folders
and files and these are openable from any one of the root windows.  SUM tools
and disk clinic claim that the cartrige is fine.  Has anyone had an experience
 with something like this?  Does this spell doom for my 45MB or is it the
 answer to all storage problems (heh).

--wayne

capslock@wet.UUCP (Allen Crider) (09/17/90)

In article <1990Sep14.072757.24854@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> wlj1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Wayne L Jebian) writes:
>When I start up my SyQuest 45MB drive it mounts eight identical volumes from
> one cartrige.

Your drive has been set to SCSI ID of 7, the same as your Mac.