[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SE/30 travel restrictions?

powsner@csb1.nlm.nih.gov (Seth M Powsner) (09/18/90)

Are there any travel restrictions on higher end 68000 processors?
I thought I'd heard you couldn't take a 68020 or 68030 to Warsaw
Pact countries. That was a while back. Who do you check with these
days? (What about 80386 or 486 chips?)

More important maybe-- how well does an SE/30 cope with the variable
power available in countries outside of Western Europe, Australia, etc?

Seth M Powsner powsner@nlm.nih.gov
               powsner@yalemed.bitnet

In article <1990Sep18.120344.1716@nlm.nih.gov> powsner@csb1.nlm.nih.gov (Seth M Powsner) writes:
>Are there any travel restrictions on higher end 68000 processors?
>I thought I'd heard you couldn't take a 68020 or 68030 to Warsaw
>Pact countries. That was a while back. Who do you check with these
>days? (What about 80386 or 486 chips?)

I believe all these restrictions were removed for most Warsaw Pact nations
recently.  Obviously, check first!

>More important maybe-- how well does an SE/30 cope with the variable
>power available in countries outside of Western Europe, Australia, etc?

If power is as bad as my sister claims it is in Moscow, badly-- you need to
have a continuous supply of SOME sort of power....