[comp.sys.mac.hardware] IIsi and its future release...

jstewart@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ace Stewart) (09/19/90)

Does anyone know whether or not Apple has released an official spec
sheet on the IIsi and where I could get it? Does apple.com place such
things in Anonymous FTP or could they? Would be good...

				Thanx for the help..Ace

--
| Ace Stewart (Jonathan III)                             |A       /\       |
| Affiliation: Eastman Kodak Company. Rochester New York |      _/  \_     |

chuq@Apple.COM (The Wandering Phew) (09/19/90)

jstewart@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ace Stewart) writes:

>Does anyone know whether or not Apple has released an official spec
>sheet on the IIsi and where I could get it?

What's the IIsi? It's not a product, and Apple can't release specs on things
that don't exist. You want specs on rumors, read MacWeek...

--
Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

mumble..mumble...mumble...mumbleLemieuxSCORE!!!!!!!...mumble...mumble..mumble

wilkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Mark Wilkins) (09/19/90)

In article <44937@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (The Wandering Phew) writes:
>What's the IIsi? It's not a product, and Apple can't release specs on things
>that don't exist. You want specs on rumors, read MacWeek...

  The same could be said of System 7.0, HyperCard 2.0, or the 8*24 GC video
card.  :-)

  (Yes, I know that alpha and beta versions exist of some of the above; I'm
running them right now.  However, they aren't strictly "products" until they
are "produced.")

-- Mark Wilkins

francis@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu (RD Francis) (09/19/90)

In article <8451@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> wilkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Mark Wilkins) writes:
>In article <44937@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (The Wandering Phew) writes:
>>What's the IIsi? It's not a product, and Apple can't release specs on things
>>that don't exist. You want specs on rumors, read MacWeek...

>  The same could be said of System 7.0, HyperCard 2.0, or the 8*24 GC video
>card.  :-)

Yes, but they are announced products.  Even if they didn't have alphas
and betas available yet (which, as you noted, they do), they could
have either a spec sheet or a press release detailing what the product
is supposed to contain.  Assuming that MacWEEK is correct (and I
haven't seen them miss wildly on the existence and basic information of
a new CPU yet), the CPU's will be unveiled in mid-October.  However, I
suspect that making any statement to that effect would be enough to
cost an Apple employee his job; they seem to like to play the CPU
announcement close to the chest.

Heck for all we now, Apple has someone deliberately leak info to
MacWEEK about new CPUs to generate interest beforehand; that way, if
something went wrong, it's just those stupid rumor-mongers getting
their facts wrong, or from the wrong sources.

Now, admittedly, these CPU leaks tend to slow down sales (I think, no
hard data), due to people who want to wait and see the new machine
before they buy.  However, if Apple could capitalize on that by having
enough of the new machine ready that it could be sold in large
numbers, I suspect that those delayed buyers would more than make up
for any lagging sales before the announcement.
--
R David Francis   francis@cis.ohio-state.edu