[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Hard Drive from scratch

jsurine@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (James Surine) (09/18/90)

Ok here is one of those common questions.

A friend of my recently aquired a quantum 80 meg hard drive and is wondering
what he needs to hook it up to his Mac II. Where is a good place to buy a
power supply, box, cables. What kind of software is needed, drivers, formaters
etc...

I have some idea of what is needed but I figure I should ask in general
for everyones benifit.

davisson@milton.u.washington.edu (Gordon Davisson) (09/20/90)

In article <691@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM> jsurine@Wichita.NCR.COM (James Surine) writes:
>A friend of my recently aquired a quantum 80 meg hard drive and is wondering
>what he needs to hook it up to his Mac II. Where is a good place to buy a
>power supply, box, cables. What kind of software is needed, drivers, formaters
>etc...

Try J&L Marketing, they have a kit with everything he should need for
about $125.  I can't speak for the software, but a friend of mine keeps
a drive in one of their boxes, and he's very happy with it.  Their
address is:

	J&L Marketing
	1136 N. Carpenter Road, Suite 9
	Modesto, CA 95351