[comp.sys.mac.hardware] apple monitor on pc

rlong@phonon.eng.ohio-state.edu (Prof. Ronald Long) (09/24/90)

My apologies if this has been hashed out before.
I have a IIcx and Apple 13 inch color monitor.
I would like to buy a 386 machine and dont want
to have two monitors on my desk - or pay for same.
Can I get a card for the pc which will make this
possible? Of course I want EGA/VGA capability.

Thanks for help.

--
Ronald K. Long, Ph.D.
Ohio State Univ EE Dept., 2015 Neil Ave., Columbus, OH 43210

In article <5854@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu> rlong@phonon.eng.ohio-state.edu (Prof. Ronald Long) writes:
>My apologies if this has been hashed out before.
>I have a IIcx and Apple 13 inch color monitor.
>I would like to buy a 386 machine and dont want
>to have two monitors on my desk - or pay for same.
>Can I get a card for the pc which will make this
>possible? Of course I want EGA/VGA capability.

I don't think so.  You can, however, get a multisync monitor and a card which
will work with it, and sell the Apple monitor (you still have the cable
switching problem)