[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Shutting Off The Startup Page

dan@dyndata.UUCP (Dan Everhart) (09/19/90)

How do you shut off the Start-Up page printout on the Personal
LaserWriter NT?

gelinasm@merrimack.edu (09/20/90)

In article <810@dyndata.UUCP>, dan@dyndata.UUCP (Dan Everhart) writes:
> How do you shut off the Start-Up page printout on the Personal
> LaserWriter NT?

Try creating a straight-text file containing the following PS code:

	serverdict begin 0 exitserver
	statusdict begin false setdostartpage

This should turn the startup page off.  The setting will be remembered
even when the machine is powered off.  To reenable it, replace the word
'false' above with 'true'.

Oh yeah, upload this to the printer using SendPS, DistillPS, or some
similar PostScript printing program.

- - - - - - - - - + - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mark Gelinas      |
Merrimack College | USENET:    samsung!hubdub!GELINASM

jason@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (char *myName) (09/20/90)

dan@dyndata.UUCP (Dan Everhart) writes:

>How do you shut off the Start-Up page printout on the Personal
>LaserWriter NT?

     Remove the paper tray?

--

                       |  |    |====================|
                       |  |    | Jason Watts        |

johnk@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (John Knippers) (09/21/90)

In article <1990Sep20.165338.4848@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, jason@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (char *myName) writes:
> dan@dyndata.UUCP (Dan Everhart) writes:
>
>How do you shut off the Start-Up page printout on the Personal
>LaserWriter NT?

Sent the following postscript code:
		serverdict begin 0 exitserver
		statusdict begin false setdostartpage

This will do it.  It you ever want to have it again send the same code
but change FALSE to TRUE.

rees@usage.csd.unsw.oz.au (Rees Griffiths) (09/24/90)

  The other way to stop the startup page on a Laserwriter is
to use a 3 line  postscript program that can turn the startup
page on or off.  If anybody wants it email to bi_rees@vaxa.mqcc.mq.oz.au
Rees

Scot.Marburger@f444.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Scot Marburger) (09/26/90)

You've probably heard this before, but I use Widgets to do the job.
If you need more info, reply via this BBS.  Scot Marburger

--
Scot Marburger - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!444!Scot.Marburger