[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mac SE CRT Too dark after replacement

doc@dgp.toronto.edu (Blaine Price) (09/26/90)

I replaced the CRT on my Mac SE (having broken the nipple on the original
while adding memory and letting all the vacuum out), but the new CRT appears
very dark (reverse video text is very difficult to read).  I've rotated the
brightness knob all the way but to no avail.  Anyone out there ever replaced
a CRT before?
							_Blaine
---
Blaine Price  (416) 978-6619, fax: 4765         doc@dgp.utoronto.{ca,bitnet}
Dynamic Graphics Project, Dept. of Computer Sci.         doc@dgp.toronto.edu
University of Toronto, Canada   M5S 1A4        ...!uunet!dgp.toronto.edu!doc
"Who do I work FOR? I don't work FOR anyone! I'm just having fun."-The Doctor

doc@dgp.toronto.edu (Blaine Price) (09/27/90)

doc@dgp.toronto.edu (Blaine Price) writes:

>I replaced the CRT on my Mac SE (having broken the nipple on the original
>while adding memory and letting all the vacuum out), but the new CRT appears
>very dark (reverse video text is very difficult to read).  I've rotated the
>brightness knob all the way but to no avail.  Anyone out there ever replaced
>a CRT before?

I've been told that I need to do a setup on my CRT since CRTs have different
specs and I've been referred to Larry Pina's book on Macintosh Repair Secrets
(which my bookstores seem to be sold out of).
							_Blaine

brian@ux.acs.umn.edu (Mr. Microcephallic) (09/27/90)

In comp.sys.mac.hardware doc@dgp.toronto.edu (Blaine Price) writes:

>I replaced the CRT on my Mac SE (having broken the nipple on the original
					 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
					 What are we talking about here??
>while adding memory and letting all the vacuum out), but the new CRT appears
					 ^^^^^^
I hope you were careful to gather it all up so nobody gets hurt.  And be
careful cleaning your ears.

>very dark (reverse video text is very difficult to read).  I've rotated the
>brightness knob all the way but to no avail.  Anyone out there ever replaced
>a CRT before?
Why no.  We are all just a bunch of Hoover Heads.  TELL US HOW YOU DO IT!!

Mr. Microcephallic <<--== Ask Elecrolux for technical assistance.