[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Need serial line A/B switch

long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Rich Long) (09/28/90)

I recently bought a MacRecorder and would like to share a serial port between
it and my ImageWriter. I really need an A/B switch, since the back of my Mac
is pretty inaccessible. Can anyone recommend a cheap unit? I've seen the ads
for the Kensington one-what is it, about $50+? I'm looking for something under
$30, preferably cheaper.

Thanks!

 /~~)  /~~  /   |      long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com       | Don't take life too
/~~\  /__  /__  | ...!decwrl!mcntsh.enet.dec.com!long | seriously; you won't
Richard C. Long | long%mcntsh.dec@decwrl.enet.dec.com | get out alive anyway.

magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) (10/05/90)

In article <15704@shlump.nac.dec.com> long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Rich Long) writes:

>I recently bought a MacRecorder and would like to share a serial port between
>it and my ImageWriter. I really need an A/B switch...

Micro Computer Cable Co. has 8-pin mini-din A/B switches for $22.00
They are in Michigan and their number is 313-941-6500 or 313-941-6574 FAX
Ask them to send you a free catalog.

Tell them that I sent you....they won't have any idea who I am.  ;-)
--
	------------    ------------   ----------------------
	Ben Liberman    USENET         magik@chinet.chi.il.us

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (10/06/90)

In article <15704@shlump.nac.dec.com>, long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Rich Long) writes:

> I recently bought a MacRecorder and would like to share a serial port between
> it and my ImageWriter. I really need an A/B switch, since the back of my Mac
> is pretty inaccessible. Can anyone recommend a cheap unit? I've seen the ads
> for the Kensington one-what is it, about $50+? I'm looking for something under
> $30, preferably cheaper.

I got an A/B/C/D Din-8 switch box from ORA Electronics in Chatsworth, CA
for around $28-$30.  It has four pushbutton switches on the front panel, and
suction cups on the bottom (to keep it from sliding ... nice touch).  As I
recall, they also had an A/B type model for a little less.

I don't have the catalog with me, but if you can't locate them via long
distance information, drop me a line and I'll get the info to you.

--
 == Marvin Jones === Optilink Corp. === Petaluma, CA === 707.795.9444 X206 ==
 == uucp: {uunet, tekbspa, pyramid}!optilink!jones ==========================