[comp.sys.mac.hardware] LaserwriterIINTX

zampetti@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Marc Zampetti ) (09/24/90)

	I help maintain a Maclab with 16 SE\30 machines. They are all connected
to a AppleLink netowrk, which also has 8 imagwriterII printers connected to it.
What I want to do is set up a print station, and have the station connected
to the network, but I don't want to connect the laswerwriter to the network.
I know that you can connect an Imagwriter to either the modem port or the
printer port on the Mac, but I can seem to find a way to do the same with
the Laserwriter. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.
					Thanks
					Marc Zampetti
					zampetti@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

emmayche@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Hartman) (09/30/90)

In article <30024@netnews.upenn.edu>,
zampetti@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Marc Zampetti ) writes:

>What I want to do is set up a print station, and have the station connected
>to the network, but I don't want to connect the laswerwriter to the network.
>I know that you can connect an Imagwriter to either the modem port or the
>printer port on the Mac, but I can seem to find a way to do the same with
>the Laserwriter. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

There's a software package called Liaison (used to be sold by InfoSphere,
but they sold it to somebody else) that will have the same effect that I
think you want; that is, to have the printer available only to the print
station and neither available nor interfering with the network on the other
computers.
--
Mark Hartman

Loopy@cup.portal.com (Justin Randall Padawer) (10/08/90)

The IINTX can be connected directly to the Printer port using a cable.
The IINTX has a 25 pin serial port.  Also some of the dip switches will
need to be changed.  These dip switch changes should be covered in the
NTX manual.  Hope this helps.