[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Wanted Cheapest 4M MAC2 RAM

kcheng@ecs.umass.edu (10/07/90)

Does Anybody know where I can buy the cheapest 4M RAM for
the MAC II?
The address or 1-800 number would be greatly appreciated.

toma@bit.UUCP (Tom Arneberg) (10/11/90)

In article <10951.270f28b0@ecs.umass.edu> kcheng@ecs.umass.edu writes:
>Does Anybody know where I can buy the cheapest 4M RAM for
>the MAC II?
>The address or 1-800 number would be greatly appreciated.

I recently bought 1-Meg 80ns SIMMs for $44 each from The Chip Merchant. They
only accept COD (no credit cards), and so I was a little uneasy, but
a co-worker had used them in the past with no problems.

Bottom line is that my Mac Plus now has 4 Meg, for a total cost (including
S&H) of $183. Not bad, and I hear they're even cheaper now! (This was a
couple weeks ago.) The Mac is working fine now, and the chips supposedly
have a lifetime guarantee.

Here is their phone number:

	THE CHIP MERCHANT  (800) 426-6375

|        o   o  | Thomas R. Arneberg      |   #include <std_disclaimer.h>    |
| jugglers |    | Bipolar Integrated Tech.| bit!toma@cse.ogi.edu             |
|  unite! / \   | Beaverton, Oregon       | ...!{ogicse,sun,decwrl}!bit!toma |