[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Where to get Adaptec 4000A board?

ldg@yoda.byu.edu (10/11/90)

I am one of those weird people who wants to put together a Macintosh
hard disk from piece parts. I have a hard disk (ST-506 interface) and a
power supply, but have been unable to find a source for an Adaptec 4000
or 4000A board to make the disk drive talk SCSI.

I haven't found any old, dead Mac drives that use this board. Does anyone
know of a source?

Thanks in advance!

Lyle D. Gunderson N6KSZ | "Any technology without       | ldg@yoda.byu.edu
350 CB/BYU              | some attendant risk of misuse | CIS: 73760,2354
Provo UT 84602          | is probably trivial"          | GEnie: L.GUNDERSON

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (10/11/90)

In article <250ldg@yoda.byu.edu> ldg@yoda.byu.edu (Lyle D. Gunderson) writes:
>[I] have been unable to find a source for an Adaptec 4000
>or 4000A board to make the disk drive talk SCSI.

Pick up a copy of Computer Shopper.  Therein will be an ad from an outfit
called "Computer Surplus <something>".  They carry the Adaptec cards.

chaz

--
Mexican Student Sees Face Of Kermit the frog In a Cherry.
clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu                                       AOL:Crowbone