[comp.sys.mac.hardware] A+ ADB mouse and system 6.0.5

mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu (Michael A. Kelly) (10/10/90)

In article <1990Oct10.012820.14342@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> drz@po.cwru.edu (David R. Zinkin) writes:

>I bought an A+ ADB mouse this summer before I knew about the problem with
>System 6.0.5.  After I found out about the problem, I called Mouse Systems
>and was told that they knew about the conflict but "didn't think it was
>all that problematic" and said that they did not know when it would be
>fixed in the hardware.
>
>However, they *did* tell me that a software fix was available in beta form
>(remember, this was already August!) and that they would send me a copy
>"as soon as possible".
>
>I'm still waiting...

If anyone has this software in their possession, perhaps they could post it
(stuffed and binhexed) to the net, either to comp.sys.mac.hardware or
comp.binaries.mac.  I'm sure all the A+ users out there would appreciate it
greatly.

Mike.
--
Michael A. Kelly                 | "Resistance is futile."
Internet: mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu  |        - Locutus of Borg

kucharsk@number6.Solbourne.COM (William Kucharski) (10/10/90)

In article <1990Oct10.080947.17926@cs.uoregon.edu> mkelly@cs.uoregon.edu (Michael A. Kelly) writes:
 >In article <1990Oct10.012820.14342@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> drz@po.cwru.edu (David R. Zinkin) writes:
 >>I bought an A+ ADB mouse this summer before I knew about the problem with
 >>System 6.0.5...

 >>However, they *did* tell me that a software fix was available in beta form
 >>(remember, this was already August!) and that they would send me a copy
 >>"as soon as possible".
 >>
 >>I'm still waiting...
 >
 >If anyone has this software in their possession, perhaps they could post it
 >(stuffed and binhexed) to the net, either to comp.sys.mac.hardware or
 >comp.binaries.mac.  I'm sure all the A+ users out there would appreciate it
 >greatly.

I'd like to second this motion.  A+ told me the same "it's in beta, we'll
send it out when it's ready" story in April and I'm still waiting as well.
I'd rather not have to be stuck at 6.0.4 for the rest of my Mac II life :-)
--
===================>> Quote: "It's Night 9 With D2 Dave!" <<===================
| Internet:   kucharsk@Solbourne.COM	      |	William Kucharski             |

drz@po.cwru.edu (David R. Zinkin) (10/11/90)

Is Mouse Systems accessible via the net?  Or perhaps CompuServe?  Maybe a
message could get to them *that* way.

I just called Mouse Systems again, by the way...they have promised to send
me a copy of the beta version of the software fix, AGAIN.  Let's see what
happens...

 -- Dave

David Zinkin -- Case Western Reserve University (Student) and
      Rochester General Hospital Radiology Dept. (Consultant)

INTERNET: drz@po.cwru.edu      BITNET: drz%po.cwru.edu@cunyvm