From: tonyrich@titanic.cs.wisc.edu (Anthony Rich)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 90 13:35:18 -0500
Subject: Re: SCSI disk enclosures

Hi, Manolis.  You write:

> Does anyone have suggestions for metal/plastic enclosures for external
> SCSI drives? I need one for a half height SYQUEST drive I am putting on.

You didn't mention whether it's a 5.25" or a 3.5" drive...I assume 5.25"?

If all you need is a box, Radio Shack sells inexpensive project boxes of
various sizes.  They aren't all that pretty, but they get the job done.
Might be worth a look.

I have a source for a 5.25" SCSI enclosure with power supply and fan,
but you said you didn't need all that.  The price was $129.95 in April.
(I got one and mounted a Teac 3.5" 150MB tape drive in it.)
  -- Tony
| EMAIL:  tonyrich@titanic.cs.wisc.edu  |
| Disclaimer:  I speak only for myself. |

From: wayne@teemc.TMC.MI.ORG (Michael R. Wayne)
Date: 2 Oct 90 15:03:13 EDT (Tue)

In article <mt.654797056@cleo> you write:

>I know this probably has been answered before, but I cannot find any
>related old article. Does anyone have suggestions for metal/plastic
>enclosures for external SCSI drives? I need one for a half height
>SYSQUEST drive I am putting on. Power supply and fan(s) are not necessary.
>
>Please send replies to me, and I will summarize.

	For your summary, since our stuff includes p/s and fan, it's
probably too much:

TMC & Associates
    Contact Mike Wayne at wayne@teemc.tmc.mi.org or (313) 689-9873
Metal cases:
    Dual half-height (or 1 F/H) case with 80 watt supply & fan   $150.00
    Dual full-height case with 200 watt supply & fan             $275.00
    Quad half-height case with 200 watt supply & fan             $290.00
	2 year warranty on cases.
	2 connector cutouts allowing daisy chaining.

/\/\ \/\/
--
Michael R. Wayne      ---     TMC & Associates      --- wayne@teemc.tmc.mi.org
         Operator of the only 240 Horsepower UNIX machine in Michigan

From: carlp@frigg.isc-br.com (Carl Paukstis,LL2-2B,5439,)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 90 14:20:35 PDT

in comp.sys.mac.hardware, you wrote:

> I know this probably has been answered before, but I cannot find any
> related old article. Does anyone have suggestions for metal/plastic
> enclosures for external SCSI drives? I need one for a half height
> SYSQUEST drive I am putting on. Power supply and fan(s) are not necessary.

I'm also in need of such information.  Please share anything you
find.  Thanks.

One possibility recently on the net was:

>Try J&L Marketing, they have a kit with everything he should need for
>about $125.  I can't speak for the software, but a friend of mine keeps
>a drive in one of their boxes, and he's very happy with it.  Their
>address is:
>
>	J&L Marketing
>	1136 N. Carpenter Road, Suite 9
>	Modesto, CA 95351
>	(800) 283-5123

I haven't called them yet.

--
Carl Paukstis     "I'm the NRA"    | Above I speak for myself, not my employer.
  ISC-Bunker Ramo Corp.  ms LL2-2B |     E-Mail:  carlp@frigg.ISC-BR.COM

From: statler@sanders.com (chuck Statler)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 90 11:44:18 EDT
Subject: scsi drive enclosures

   We at Lockheed Sanders have had pretty good luck with a unit made and sold
by:
      C.I. Design  (Commercial & Industrial Design Co. Inc.)
      1711 Langley Ave.
      Irvine Ca. 92714
-
-chuck statler

From: gatech!ncar.UCAR.EDU!asuvax!mcdphx!beagle!chandler@cs.utexas.edu
Date: 5 Oct 90 22:30:32 MST (Fri)
Subject: Re:  SYSQUEST drive

Make sure you ask for an internal drive.  I think that $479 was for the
external version.  Call and ask for Glenn Piper.  My invoice says $400
for the drive itself.