[comp.sys.mac.hardware] A+ Mouse Init: I got it!

macman@wpi.WPI.EDU (Chris Silverberg) (10/17/90)

For those of you who are A+ Mouse owners, you can call Mouse Systems and
request the init to patch the conflict of the A+ optical Mouse with Macs
running System 6.0.5.

I don't have the number with me, but I'll try to provide that soon.
Tomorrow I am going to call Mouse Systems and try to get permission to
distribute the init legally on the net. It's a very small init.

I am using it now, and it clears up the problems perfectly as far as I can
tell.  I doulble-checked it with the ADB cdev, and all looks normal (as far
as I can tell anyway).

If you don't want to wait to get the init, (very small), email me, and i'll
"see what we can do."

- Chris

   Chris Silverberg                     INTERNET: macman@wpi.wpi.edu
   Worcester Polytechnic Institute      Main Street USA  508-832-7725 (sysop)
   America Online: Silverberg           WMUG BBS  508-832-5844 (sysop)
    "Ask me about TeleFinder... A Macintosh BBS with a Macintosh interface"

fratus@niaid.nih.gov (John Fratus) (10/18/90)

In <1990Oct16.234733.28129@wpi.WPI.EDU> macman@wpi.WPI.EDU (Chris Silverberg) writes:

>For those of you who are A+ Mouse owners, you can call Mouse Systems and
>request the init to patch the conflict of the A+ optical Mouse with Macs
>running System 6.0.5.

Chris (or anyone):

Did you hear whether the same problems occur under 6.0.7? A while back, I
heard that Apple admitted the problem was theirs and had promised to fix
things in the next release. Have they?

Thanks!

- John (fratus@niaid.nih.gov)