[comp.sys.mac.hardware] MacIIci + Ethernet Problem

smith@scotty (Steven Smith) (10/23/90)

We are currently using a MacIIci on a thin ethernet using 3com's (same
as apple's) Ethernet Board for the MacII.  Periodically, the machine
will freeze (no events passwd, but mouse/cursor still moving) for about
five seconds.  The network itself appears to be intact during the process,
and it occures under a wide range of network loads.

The net consists of 3 Sun Sparcstations, an SE/30, and a DOVE etherprint
box.  Does anyone know of any timing problems between the IIci and the
standard EtherTalk card?

Thanks for your help

Steve Smith

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct23.140151.18917@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, smith@scotty (Steven
Smith) writes:
> We are currently using a MacIIci on a thin ethernet using 3com's (same
> as apple's) Ethernet Board for the MacII.  Periodically, the machine
> will freeze (no events passwd, but mouse/cursor still moving) for about
> five seconds.  The network itself appears to be intact during the process,
> and it occures under a wide range of network loads.
>
> The net consists of 3 Sun Sparcstations, an SE/30, and a DOVE etherprint
> box.  Does anyone know of any timing problems between the IIci and the
> standard EtherTalk card?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Steve Smith

How old is your board?  If it is one of the very early ones there were some
problems with them.  Although, I believe that most of those problems were
caught VERY early.

--
Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products