[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Alliance Peripheral Systems Drives

c60b-4av@web-4f.berkeley.edu (Gary Arnold) (10/25/90)

First, thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier post ("Anyone
have hard drive info?").
Second, most of the replies I've recieved point me towards mail-order
houses, specifically APS.  One person in particular told me that their
internal drives are very good, but they didn't know about the external
drives.  So, if anyone can give me any advice/info about APS's internal
and external drives, please do!  Thanks in advance!

////
|..| Gary Arnold
|/ | c60b-4av@WEB.berkeley.edu
|- |
 --

gmoff@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Moffat) (10/26/90)

c60b-4av@web-4f.berkeley.edu (Gary Arnold) writes:

>Second, most of the replies I've recieved point me towards mail-order
>houses, specifically APS.  One person in particular told me that their
>internal drives are very good, but they didn't know about the external
>drives.  So, if anyone can give me any advice/info about APS's internal
>and external drives, please do!  Thanks in advance!

Well, the mechanisms are the same, the case is sturdy, they have a universal
power supply, decent on/off switch (except it is upside down *B^)), are tidy
inside... what more could you ask?
SCSI address selection is with a 8-dip switch on the back, which only uses 3
of the switches.
Oh, and ours arrived in New Zealand 3 working days after ordering - but took
another 7 to clear customs and be delivered *B^(

--
    Graeme Moffat,                        Phone : +64 9 737 999  x8384
    Computer Aided Design Centre,         Fax   : +64 9 366 0702