[comp.sys.mac.hardware] DeskWriter compatibility with PC machines

armstrng@cs.dal.ca (Stan Armstrong) (10/26/90)

I'm sorry if I missed this when all the DeskWriter stuff was going by,
but does anyone know if the DeskWriter (not the DeskJet) is
compatible with PC clones. I have a colleague whose principal
machine is a Mac, but who also has an IBM compat he wants to use with
his printer. He is in the market for a DeskWriter, but hesitates.
Please don't bother to say that both computers can be used with
the DeskJet. We know that. We need to know about the DeskWriter.
If it is possible, how is it done? How difficult is it to change
from one computer to the other?

--
Stan Armstrong. Religious Studies Dept, Saint Mary's University, Halifax, N.S.
att!clyde!watmath!water!dalcs!armstrng | ARMSTRONG@STMARYS.BITNET

fiddler@concertina.Eng.Sun.COM (Steve Hix) (10/30/90)

In article <1990Oct26.130916.800@cs.dal.ca>, armstrng@cs.dal.ca (Stan Armstrong) writes:
> I'm sorry if I missed this when all the DeskWriter stuff was going by,
> but does anyone know if the DeskWriter (not the DeskJet) is
> compatible with PC clones.

If the PC had an AppleTalk card installed, it could talk to the DeskWriter
through it.

As to whether you could do more than use the DW as a dumb printer, or print
anything at all, I don't know.

--
  The only drawback with morning is that it comes