[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mac LC //e emulation

shankar@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Subash Shankar) (10/30/90)

I understand the monitor to be used with the //e emulator has a 512 X 384
resolution.  Does anybody know how (if?) the card plans to emulate the Apple II
double hires monochrome mode?  The mode is 560 X 192 in monochrome mode.  Also,
are there any fixes to resolve aspect ratio differences?  I'd assume that even
a simple skipping (or doubling) of alternate rows would be somewhat OK in some
graphics modes.
---
Subash Shankar             Honeywell Systems & Research Center MN65-2100
voice: (612) 782 7558      US Snail: 3660 Technology Dr., Minneapolis, MN 55418
shankar@src.honeywell.com  srcsip!shankar

In article <1990Oct29.202253.3949@src.honeywell.com> shankar@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Subash Shankar) writes:

>I understand the monitor to be used with the //e emulator has a 512 X 384
>resolution.  Does anybody know how (if?) the card plans to emulate the Apple II
>double hires monochrome mode?  The mode is 560 X 192 in monochrome mode.  Also,
>are there any fixes to resolve aspect ratio differences?  I'd assume that even
>a simple skipping (or doubling) of alternate rows would be somewhat OK in some
>graphics modes.

As I understand it, the video of the Mac LC is completely taken over by the
Apple //e emulator-- the card has circuitry which drives the monitor, rather
than translating to a Mac bit image.  Thus, there are no problems-- it
will look just like a real Apple ][

Tax the rich, and feed the poor -- until there are, rich no more.