[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Archive Tape Backup, Model FT-60

jak@watcsc.waterloo.edu (Jack Sinclair) (10/26/90)

I have recently acquired an external tape backup device originally
intended to work on IBM's and compatibles. It is an 'Archive' brand,
model FT-60 (the external type).  Does anyone know how this device
could be modified to work on a Mac (specifically, a Plus). I've been
told that pc's use an internal card, connected to the Archive's DB-25
connector.  If I can manage to get it to work, driver software would
also be required.  Is there any around?

rick@lrark.UUCP (Rick Mobley) (10/30/90)

In article <1990Oct26.041846.8103@watcsc.waterloo.edu> jak@watcsc.waterloo.edu (Jack Sinclair) writes:

 >I have recently acquired an external tape backup device originally
 >intended to work on IBM's and compatibles. It is an 'Archive' brand,
 >model FT-60 (the external type).

If you don't, I'd be interested in the unit for my home xenix system.
Floppies are no fun to backup on!

--
rick@lrark.UUCP       *    bang path --> uunet!ddi1!lrark!rick    *
Ricky Mobley          *          LRTUG (501) 224-9454             *