[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Advice on making color slides needed

bowler@athena.mit.edu (albert smith) (11/02/90)

I would like to be able to make color slides from a Adobe Illustrator 88
v1.9.5 files.  Our current set up is a Mac IIcx and a Montage FR1 film
recorder.  The software to drive the film recorder is ImageQ v3.0
(Provided by Monatge).

How do Imake a color slides using this setup?  Or more specifically what
else do I need?  Or will it not really possible with this setup?  (i.e.
Do I have the wrong film recorder?)  The documentation that came with
the says that Illustrator files will come out as bitmapped black and
white files.  (I have not tested this myself.)  I would like to be able
to create color slides.

Thank you in advance for your help.

albert smith

--
___________________________________
albert smith, bowler@athena.mit.edu

jak9213@helios.TAMU.EDU (John Kane) (11/02/90)

In article <1990Nov1.195650.26283@athena.mit.edu> bowler@athena.mit.edu (albert smith) writes:

>I would like to be able to make color slides from a Adobe Illustrator 88
>v1.9.5 files.  Our current set up is a Mac IIcx and a Montage FR1 film
>recorder.  The software to drive the film recorder is ImageQ v3.0
>(Provided by Monatge).

Wow, deja vu. I am doing this right now.

Your problem is that the Montage FR1 wants to print PICTs and you want to print
an EPSF file. Well, just convert the EPSF file to a PICT. I am sure that there
are a number of ways to do this, but the one that I am using is Aldus
Persuasion 2.0 (I am doing a presentation and am using some EPSF graphics on
my slides).

Just import the EPSF graphic into Persuasion, then export the slide as a PICT.
You can then load it up into ImageQ DA. Away you go!

--
 John Arthur Kane, Systems Analyst, Microcomputer Support and Training
 Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843  (409) 845-9999

 jak9213@helios.tamu.edu     profs: x043jk@tamvm1.tamu.edu