[net.music] P. Gabriel

ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) (08/06/85)

The song I Go Swimming is on Peter Gabriel's live album. Does anybody
know where I can get a studio version of it?

--

Robert A. Novo				"Captain! They put creatures
AT&T Bell Labs				 in our ears! They made us say

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (08/07/85)

> From: ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo)

> The song I Go Swimming is on Peter Gabriel's live album. Does anybody
> know where I can get a studio version of it?

I believe it's on some single B-side.  I actually have a demo version of
it on a bottleg record of demos for PGIII.  Some of the demos are better
than what's on the album -- most notably "Games Without Frontiers" (even
though Kate Bush doesn't appear on the demo!), which appears as a very
interesting instrumental rather than the poppified thing that appears on
the album.  Hearing this record just makes SICK thinking about all the
great stuff that I'll never get to hear lying on the cutting room floors
of people like Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush!!!

				"Jeux sans frontieres"

				 Doug Alan
				  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

gtaylor@lasspvax.UUCP (Greg Taylor) (08/08/85)

>> From: ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo)
>
>> The song I Go Swimming is on Peter Gabriel's live album. Does anybody
>> know where I can get a studio version of it?

I can tell you where it comes from, but not where to find it. It's the A
side of a single, the other side being "Milgram's 37" The material dates
from PGIII, and he did it on tour. I have unsuccessfully hunted for the
single for ages.

Greg

I recognize no method of living that I know/I see only the basic materials I mayuse./If you ask me, I may tell you/It's bee this way for years. -David Sylvian
USENET:		{cmcl2,decvax,ihnp4}!cornell!lasspvax!gtaylor
ARPANET:	gtaylor@lasspvax.arpa
BITNET:		gtaylor@crnlthry.bitnet
Gregory Alan Taylor:162 Clark Hall:Cornell University:Ithaca,NY 14850:USA

rosen@ucbvax.ARPA (Rob Rosen) (08/09/85)

In article <557@bentley.UUCP> ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) writes:
>The song I Go Swimming is on Peter Gabriel's live album. Does anybody
>know where I can get a studio version of it?

     I am pretty sure that it's one on of PG's EP's that he released
     a few years ago.  I THINK it's on the flip side of the import version
     of the SHOCK THE MONKEY EP but again, my memory's sort of dim since
     I haven't seen the import EP's that he's released in quite a while.
     Look in the imports section of your local record store...

--
            "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste
	     (or intelligence) of the American public."

		  --H.L. Mencken

		       --Rob Rosen

		       ...ucbvax!rosen
		       rosen@ucb-vax.berkeley.edu