[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Anyone tried E-Machines T-16

ez000453@pollux.ucdavis.edu (11/05/90)

Any one tried the E-Machines T-16 ? Got any cautonary tips or
favorable reviews? Is it limited to just the 8-bit card it
comes with or will other cards (24-bit or accelerator) work
with it?

Many thanks for all info.

oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
o  COLIN ONG              Dept. Land, Air & Water Resources                 o
o  cgong@ucdavis.edu      University of California, Davis CA 95616          o
o  ez000453@deneb.ucdavis.edu                    FULLY DISCLAIMED!          o

jab@ingres.com (jeff bowles) (11/07/90)

In article <9202@aggie.ucdavis.edu> ez000453@pollux.ucdavis.edu () writes:
>Any one tried the E-Machines T-16 ? Got any cautonary tips or
>favorable reviews? Is it limited to just the 8-bit card it
>comes with or will other cards (24-bit or accelerator) work
>with it?

No data, but a comment about E-machines.

I have a "Big Picture" monitor on my Mac SE, and it's
supported only the SE and the Mac II line, with different
cards for each. When I called E-machines to ask if they
supported this monitor on an SE/30, I got a flat-out "no"
and when I asked about using the monitor on a Mac II they
told me I'd have to buy yet-another-card (at $600+) to
get it to work.

"What about the card I have on the SE? Will you take it
as part of the payment, or upgrade, or something? It's
useless to me."

Their response was to the effect that I probably should
stay on the slower SE if I wanted to keep using their
expensive monitor.

I'd say that you ask a lot of questions about what upgrades
they support. Clearly, if you're talking about Mac II-line
cards, you'll be in a better position than I was....

	Jeff Bowles