[comp.sys.mac.hardware] GIF on the classic

malryan@runxtsa.runx.oz.au (Malcolm Ryan) (11/07/90)

Right. Well I just got about 20 messages from all over the place
telling me that the Plus and the CLassic CAN both display Gif.

I have also learn a special lesson. It costs me 33cents per k to send
and to RECEIVE mail from overseas. So, please, no more replies!!!
(And ESPECIALLY no more files! (at least without my permission!!!!))

Thankyou. I think I'll limit the distribution in the future.

Bye!

careyk@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Carey Kinoshita) (11/08/90)

In article <2536@runxtsa.runx.oz.au> malryan@runxtsa.runx.oz.au (Malcolm Ryan) writes:
>Right. Well I just got about 20 messages from all over the place
>telling me that the Plus and the CLassic CAN both display Gif.

It is true that a Macintosh Plus and a CLassic can both display
GIF files, but first they have to be translated first.  Either using
GIF Converter or Vision Lab, but you loose a lot of picture detail
when converting a 256 Color or Grayscale image into a bitmapped image.
When I was trying to decide whether to buy a Macintosh II or a Mac SE,
the deciding factor for me was when I viewed a 256 Color picture of
Kelley LaBroch on a Macintosh II Apple Color RGB Monitor and compared
it to how it looked on a Macintosh SE.  My jaw litterally dropped to
floor when I saw how good the GIF picture look on the Macintosh II.
So I sold my Mac 512KE, sold my moped, and borrowed money from my
grandmother and purchased a Macintosh II.  I am very satisfied and
will upgrade when Apple comes out with a Multi-Processing Macintosh
Computer (You know the kind that you are able to add more processors
to run more applications concurrently, maybe the Macintosh II'040,
who knows?)

Carey Kinoshita
University of Hawaii (Studying in paradise)
                     (Boy, President Bush sure messed up traffic
                      and HDP sure towed away a lot of cars while
                      he was here in Hawaii)