[comp.sys.mac.hardware] dongles

rwt@ohm.york.ac.uk (Richard Taylor) (11/08/90)

I believe that there are a couple of companies that produce "off the
shelf" dongles, that can be integrated into a copy protection system.
Does anyone have any idea of who, where or when these might be located ?

Thanks

Richard Taylor

* Dr R W Taylor              tel : (44) 904 432351  fax : 432353 *
* Adaptive Systems Group     email : rwt1@uk.ac.york             *
* University of York, England                                    *

wilkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Mark Wilkins) (11/10/90)

In article <1990Nov8.130045.11243@ohm.york.ac.uk> rwt@ohm.york.ac.uk (Richard Taylor) writes:
>I believe that there are a couple of companies that produce "off the
>shelf" dongles, that can be integrated into a copy protection system.
>Does anyone have any idea of who, where or when these might be located ?

  No, but if you're willing I have a bazooble or two, and perhaps a widget
left over from the last copy protection season.

  Sorry.  Actually, many of these companies advertise in the U.S. edition of
MacWorld every now and then.  Try looking through some back issues at a
local, well-stocked library.

-- Mark Wilkins
--
*******     "Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude!"    **********
*  Mark R. Wilkins   wilkins@jarthur.claremont.edu   {uunet}!jarthur!wilkins  *

drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (11/10/90)

(Richard Taylor) writes:
> I believe that there are a couple of companies that produce "off the
> shelf" dongles, that can be integrated into a copy protection system.
> Does anyone have any idea of who, where or when these might be located ?

Dongles are the work of Satan. I won't buy *anything* that uses a dongle.

David Gutierrez
drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard