[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Summary: Adding 2nd hard drive to II

news@helens.Stanford.EDU (news) (11/10/90)

Thanks to all those who responded.  There were many suggestions,
most including tie wraps or velcro to hold the new drive in.
One pointed out that I had asked for a "double headed SCSI cable"
which is a "BAD IDEA" due to ringing.  Poor terminology --- I had
intended to write double connector assuming daisy chain.  I type
humbly corrected.  Of course, there is no problem for the power
cable...

HOWEVER:  I hapened to call Computerware and they had a double
drive mounting bracket from Microtech for $30.  It was implied
that this was their last and that they might not get any more so
it is probably best to contact Microtech directly.  The bracket
appears to be very nice and includes the cables for power and data
for two drives.  Nice.  Assuming that all goes well, I have a
single drive bracket and cables for sale:  Make offer if interested.

My best to all who sent me help and guidance -- it was nice to
get friendly mail in my box for a change!

Cheers,

  -- Kevin

In article <1228@helens.Stanford.EDU> news@helens.Stanford.EDU (news) writes:
>Thanks to all those who responded.  There were many suggestions,
>most including tie wraps or velcro to hold the new drive in.
>One pointed out that I had asked for a "double headed SCSI cable"
>which is a "BAD IDEA" due to ringing.  Poor terminology --- I had

Hmm-- I think I understand the difference, but I want to be sure (because
I want to get one of these myself). This is bad:

        /=
-------/
       \
        \=

(where '=' is the connector),

but THIS

is OK (assuming the drive attached to the second connector is terminated,
and there is termination on the other end somewhere.)

Tax the rich, and feed the poor -- until there are, rich no more.