[comp.sys.mac.hardware] IWII Question

jbaron@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey Baron) (11/17/90)

Hello, Everybody,

I saw on one of the menus for MacBillboard (an old paint program
put outby CE I believe) an option to print out to Iron-On transfer.
I happen to be an owner of one of the ubiquitous machines, and
therefore quite interested.

I saw (ONCE) in a computer store a Sesame Street graphic program
(for Big Blue) that included materials necessary (special paper)
for making Iron-Ons.  So I know the "technology" exists for non
laser printers.

Any clues?

\\\|///
-(.X.)-
  (
 -__-~ Phaedrus

e.anger@pro-angmar.UUCP (Ed Anger) (11/18/90)

Paaedrus wanted to know about making Iron-ons for T-shirts from laser pritners
or a imagewriter IIs.

I do remember some ribbons that one could buy that would transfer t-shirt like
stuff to paper (underware or software or some silly mixture of the two).

A Laser TOner recharge company in New Hamster (NH) called Black Lightning does
make Laser Toner transfers. One simply mirrors the image (reverse the dog-cow
in the page setup) from a graphic program and print the image out. It comes
out black, but when Ironed (it works best with a dry-mount or T shirt press)
the toner releases gasious dyes that color the shirt. It is possible to do
multiple color designs if well planned.
These hold up to about 6 washings; they do not have the same color saturation
as silk screening. But, they are also cheaper and a nice way to do a 10
special event t-shirts without costing a ton.
Black Lightning has a 1800 number; I think it is findable by calling
1800-555-1212.
Ed Anger
INET:  pro-angmar!e.anger@alphalpha.com
UUCP:..!uunet!alphalpha!pro-angmar!e.anger
?