[comp.sys.mac.hardware] LaserWriter TestPage problem

etac@levels.sait.edu.au (11/16/90)

Hello Net Users,

 I'm wondering if anyone out there can help me with a minor difficulty
with an Apple LaserWriter IINT.  I am currently in charge of maintaining
an assortment of computer equipment at the residential college where I live.
The college purchased a LaserWriter IINT soom three years ago.  At that time
the printer produced a test page every time it was switched on.  At some
point this feature was turned off.  I don't know how or when this was done.
My problem is that I now wish to print a test page ( at least once ).

Does anyone know how to turn this feature on and off?

  OR

Is there a postscript file I can send to the printer every time I want a
test page?

I've looked all through the manual that came with the printer and ( as seems
to typical of a lot of manuals) found it to be rather useless.
By the way the printer is an Australian release, if it makes any difference.

Thanks
       Andrew.

johnk@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (John Knippers) (11/20/90)

In article <15689.2742be39@levels.sait.edu.au>, etac@levels.sait.edu.au writes:
> Hello Net Users,
>
> Is there a postscript file I can send to the printer every time I want a
> test page?

Send this to the LaserWriter to get the Startup page:

         serverdict /startpage get cvx exec showpage

--
John Knippers
Graphic Printing & Imaging Division		The Best and the Brightest