[comp.sys.mac.hardware] MacRecorder

careyk@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Carey Kinoshita) (11/14/90)

With the inclusion of sound input with the new low cost Macintoshs,
a new era of communications is upon us.  An era in which people send
mail which contain their vocal messages and not just plain text, an
era in which spreadsheet templates actually speaks to you, and with
a voice recognition NUBUS card, two-way voice communication is
established with your Macintosh.

To add sound input capabilities to older Macintosh's, all you need is
System 6.0.7 and a sound input device.

I was wondering whether the MacRecorder Sound System 2.0 works with
System's 6.0.7's sound capabilities?  For example, is it able to work
with the new sound menu?  Does it come with a MIC and can you record sound
from a Compact Disc Player?
I see that Farallon is also selling a MacRecorder Voice Digitizer.
Does anybody know the difference between the two sound input products
that Farallon is selling?

Other than that sound menu in System 6.0.7, are there other additions
to the Macintosh interface that deals with sound?  Does it come with
a sound utility program?

francis@daisy.uchicago.edu (Francis Stracke) (11/15/90)

In article <10274@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu> careyk@uhccux.UUCP (Carey Kinoshita) writes:
>With the inclusion of sound input with the new low cost Macintoshs,
>a new era of communications is upon us.  An era in which people send
>mail which contain their vocal messages and not just plain text, an
>era in which spreadsheet templates actually speaks to you, and with
>a voice recognition NUBUS card, two-way voice communication is
>established with your Macintosh.
An era in which people can put personalized belches into SoundMaster.
| Francis Stracke		| My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|
| Department of Mathematics	|=============================================|
| University of Chicago		| Non sequiturs make me eat lampshades	      |
| francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu	|   				       	      |

wilkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Mark Wilkins) (11/20/90)

  I just requested my upgrade for the MacRecorder software from 1.0 to
2.0.3.  Tonight I hauled out 1.0 and realized that I was having trouble
working with it, and I was wondering whether 2.0.3 would solve my problems.
Does anyone know?

  I'm running System 7.0b1, with the 6.0.7 sound manager :-), on a Macintosh
IIci.  Are there any known incompatibilities between SoundEdit 1.0 and
either that version of the sound manager or the IIci?  For that matter, is
2.0.3 compatible?

  Anyone listening?  Murat?  :-)

-- Mark Wilkins
--