[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Quantum SCSI numbers

J.Pearce@ucl-cs.UUCP (10/21/90)

From: J.Pearce@uk.ac.ucl.cs

Can anyone tell me how to change the SCSI ID of an 80 MB Quantum
hard disk. I have noticed that there 2 rows of 3 pins on the PCB
which I suspect might have something to do with the SCSI ID.

Many thanks

John Pearce

jpearce@uk.ac.ucl.cs

Computer Science Department
University College London

In article <1220@ucl-cs.UUCP> J.Pearce@ucl-cs.UUCP writes:
>From: J.Pearce@uk.ac.ucl.cs
>

>Can anyone tell me how to change the SCSI ID of an 80 MB Quantum
>hard disk. I have noticed that there 2 rows of 3 pins on the PCB
>which I suspect might have something to do with the SCSI ID.

If they are labeled A0, A1, A2, they do-- you put a regular Berg jumper across
them to change the SCSI ID (A0 is the LSB, A2 is the MSB of the address).
There should be three sets of 2 pins like this somewhere on the board.

RAFI@BGUVM.BITNET (Rafi Brunner) (11/25/90)

The first 3 pairs of pins marked A0,A1,A2 (the closest to the 50 pin SCSI
connector) are the Unit Number pins.
Rafi