[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Need multi-platter CD-ROM drive for Mac SCSI bus

roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith) (11/28/90)

	Does anybody know of a CD-ROM drive with multiple platters that I
can hook up to a Macintosh?  We want to have an AppleShare file server
publish 6-10 CD-ROM disks at a time.  Duty cycle will be fairly low, but it
is important that they all are on line (or, at least, appear to be on line)
simultaneously.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu -OR- {att,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"Arcane?  Did you say arcane?  It wouldn't be Unix if it wasn't arcane!"

jrh@techctr.deere.com (John R. Howell) (11/30/90)

In article <1990Nov28.153405.24995@phri.nyu.edu>, roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu (Roy
Smith) writes:

> 	Does anybody know of a CD-ROM drive with multiple platters that I
> can hook up to a Macintosh?  We want to have an AppleShare file server
> publish 6-10 CD-ROM disks at a time.  Duty cycle will be fairly low, but it
> is important that they all are on line (or, at least, appear to be on line)
> simultaneously.

I do not know how they work with an AppleShare server, but Pioneer makes
a CD-ROM changer that holds 6 CD ROMS.  On a single Mac, all 6 CD-ROMS appear
to be mounted simultaneously.

--
John R. Howell
Deere & Co. Technical Center