[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Virtual and IIsi

se0k+@andrew.cmu.edu (Shane Z. Edelman) (12/03/90)

Why won't my IIsi run virtual memory?  Every time I set it up, it
crashes at start-up...Virtual doesn't need a coprocessor, does it?

Any help would be appreciated,
Shane

jack@Taffy.rice.edu (Jack W. Howarth) (12/03/90)

In article <gbKJSxy00WBM81PkoX@andrew.cmu.edu> se0k+@andrew.cmu.edu (Shane Z. Edelman) writes:
>Why won't my IIsi run virtual memory?  Every time I set it up, it
>crashes at start-up...Virtual doesn't need a coprocessor, does it?
>
>Any help would be appreciated,
>Shane

Shane,
   Tacking virtual memory onto as complex and hacked an OS as the Mac is
pretty complex so its not surprising that Virtual breaks on a new machine
with new ROMs. You'll probably need a new version from Connectix.
                       Jack

dhoyt@vx.acs.umn.edu (12/04/90)

In article <gbKJSxy00WBM81PkoX@andrew.cmu.edu>, se0k+@andrew.cmu.edu (Shane Z. Edelman) writes...
>Why won't my IIsi run virtual memory?  Every time I set it up, it
>crashes at start-up...Virtual doesn't need a coprocessor, does it?
  I believe there is a different Virtual init for every mac.  I.e. the
68020&pmmu version won't work on ci version, which won't work with the
fx, etc.  Do you have a si version of Virtual?

david | dhoyt@vx.acs.umn.edu | dhoyt@umnacvx.bitnet