[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Removable Hard Disks: Mass Microsystems DataPak

conty@cbnewsl.att.com (The Conty) (12/05/90)

A friend of mine is selling is Mac SE hardware, and offered me his
Mass Microsystems DataPak (SE footprint).  This is a Syquest-compatible
removable hard disk drive.  Is a price of $550 for the drive and two 45-meg
cartridges reasonable?
--

			    E n r i q u e  C o n t y
			      jester@ihlpl.att.com

woods@convex.com (Darrin Woods) (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec4.194257.2549@cbnewsl.att.com> conty@cbnewsl.att.com (The Conty) writes:
>A friend of mine is selling is Mac SE hardware, and offered me his
>Mass Microsystems DataPak (SE footprint).  This is a Syquest-compatible
>removable hard disk drive.  Is a price of $550 for the drive and two 45-meg
>cartridges reasonable?
>--
>
>			    E n r i q u e  C o n t y
>			      jester@ihlpl.att.com

Depending on how old the Mass Micro is - YES.  New ones usually sell for
$900 +.  Mass Micro lowered their price about a month ago to a retail of
somewhere around $900, so it is still a reasonably good deal.

I have used a lot of Mass Micro's and have only had one that I had to return.
I'm sure that someone out there will cast a dissenting vote on how good Mass
Micro's Datapaks are, but that's life.  I like them and have not had a problem.

Blacksheep
Senior Systems Engineer

--
Darrin R. Woods						woods@convex.com

This is a guest account. Convex knows nothing about what I'm saying, or
even that I'm saying it.