[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Quantum Sticktion

c252-aj@juliet.uucp (Trevor I. Blumenau) (12/11/90)

As of late, my Mac SE's hard drive has developed sticktion problems.

I know that Apple has acknowledged that some drives that they sold in the
past have/had sticktion problems.  I also know that Apple has extended
the warranty on these drives, and will replace them if needed.

My question is then:
Is my drive one of those that Apple will replace for free?

A look at the bar code tag on the back of the drive yielded the
number 00749531.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Trevor Blumenau
blumenau@cory.berkeley.edu

c252-aj@katerina.uucp (Trevor I. Blumenau) (12/11/90)

In article <9629@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> I wrote:

>I know that Apple has acknowledged that some drives that they sold in the
>past have/had sticktion problems.  I also know that Apple has extended
>the warranty on these drives, and will replace them if needed.

>Is my drive one of those that Apple will replace for free?

>A look at the bar code tag on the back of the drive yielded the
>number 00749531.

Maybe my drive is not a Quantum!
(It's a 40 meg drive that came in a Mac SE 2/40 configuration)

Sorry to use up more bandwidth,

Trevor Blumenau
blumenau@cory.berkeley.edu