[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Wanted: 40 Meg external hard disk for Mac

sandro@lhc.nlm.nih.gov (Michael D'Alessandro) (12/11/90)

I'm in the market for a new 40 Meg external hard disk for my Mac Plus.
I've had a 20 Meg Jasmine Direct Drive for the last 2 years and have loved
it but really need something bigger.

I would really like to buy a Jasmine, but am leery of them in light of
all of their problems that they have been having recently.  Nonetheless
I see in the latest MacWorld that they are advertising an external
40 Meg "portable" hard drive for only $299.  Does anyone have any
experience with this drive - what is it like?  Does anyone have any
experience recently dealing with Jasmine - should one stay away from them?

What other low cost high quality hard disks are currently available
out there?  I've heard a number of people recommend MicroNet - anyone
else like it?

Thanks!

Michael
--
Michael D'Alessandro, M.D.
The Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications

costello@stx.UUCP (Michael E. Costello) (12/11/90)

In article <1990Dec11.025009.10837@nlm.nih.gov>, sandro@lhc.nlm.nih.gov (Michael D'Alessandro) writes:

> I see in the latest MacWorld that they are advertising an external
> 40 Meg "portable" hard drive for only $299.  Does anyone have any
> experience with this drive - what is it like? >

The drive you mention contains a Kalok mechanism but *doesn't contain* a
power supply.  It's one of those drives that requires connection to an external
floppy port for power.

--=>MC