[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mac IIsi and 14" monitors

rec@ngss1.jhuapl.edu (Rich Campbell) (12/12/90)

	I'm planning on buying a Mac IIsi soon, and am trying to decide on
which color monitor to buy.  I don't like the Apple 12", and the 13" is
a bit high priced for me.  Basically, I'm looking at the 14" Seiko, NEC, and
Magnavox monitors.  Can anyone tell me which of these three are supported
by the built-in video card? (I believe all three are, but would like to hear
from someone who actually has one working with the built in card.) Also, if
anyone of there has a strong opinion on these monitors, or another low-cost one I've missed, please let me know.
				Thanks in advance
				Rich Campbell

Rich Campbell
campbell@capsrv.jhuapl.edu

costin@cogsci.ucsd.EDU (Dan Costin) (12/15/90)

In article <1990Dec12.142459.4675@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> rec@ngss1.jhuapl.edu (Rich Campbell) writes:

>	I'm planning on buying a Mac IIsi soon, and am trying to decide on
>which color monitor to buy.  I don't like the Apple 12", and the 13" is
>a bit high priced for me.  Basically, I'm looking at the 14" Seiko, NEC, and

How soon is soon?  Apple offers a $250 rebate on the 13" monitor/IIsi combo,
making the 13" only a few dollars more than the 12" (at educational prices).
I believe the offer expires Dec. 31.  I bought my IIsi that way.

-dan

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (12/15/90)

In article <1990Dec12.142459.4675@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> rec@ngss1.jhuapl.edu (Rich Campbell) writes:
> I'm planning on buying a Mac IIsi soon, and am trying to decide on
> which color monitor to buy.  I don't like the Apple 12", and the 13" is
> a bit high priced for me.

Here are the "best" prices from Computerland in Minneapolis:

    12" RGB = $454
    13" High Res = $695 - $250 Rebate = $445.

That's right!  The better monitor ends up being cheaper.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john