[comp.sys.mac.hardware] MacSE and HP-Laserjet+. How do they work together?

he225di@unidui.uni-duisburg.de (Dirven) (12/14/90)

I have got a big problem: Does anyone have experience with the combination of a Mac SE and HP-Laserjet+? I know that there a several possibilities of emulating, I have got MacPrint, but it does actually not work. There is no output at all.

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (12/19/90)

In article <1990Dec14.110832.15693@unidui.uni-duisburg.de> he225di@unidui.uni-duisburg.de (Dirven) writes:
> I have got a big problem: Does anyone have experience with the combination
> of a Mac SE and HP-Laserjet+? I know that there a several possibilities of
> emulating, I have got MacPrint, but it does actually not work. There is no
> output at all.

I use MacPrint 1.2 on an Epson EPL-6000 with my IIsi, and a neighbor uses
MacPrint on a HP-IIP with an SE.  Both work very well.  Make sure that you
have version 1.2, enough printer memory (1.5M+), you have selected the driver
in the Chooser, picked the correct serial port, went through Page Setup, and
that your cable works correctly.  The cable part is the hardest, along with
getting the baud rate, number of stop & start bits set OK.  One final thing,
I had problems with XON and XOFF.  My printer allows one to set the size of
the buffer, and 3K was the default, and it was always running over.  I set
it to 90K (by using the printer menu's and the LCD display).

MacPrint is not overly speedy--it might take 5 minutes before anything
starts to print.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john