[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Memory speeds

stanfiel@testeng1.misemi (Chris Stanfield) (12/20/90)

In article <NBMNdxye@visix.com> amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) writes:
>I've even got a IIsi at home--I'll see if I can scrape up some mixed-speed
>SIMMs and actually try this out.
I have done this on both Mac and IBM (I know - gross) systems and it
has worked fine on both. On the Mac I mixed SIMMs with a 20 nS speed
difference in the same row, and on the IBM I mixed RAM chips with a 20
nS speed difference in the same block. In all cases, the slowest devices
met the speed specs. for the system, so the faster devices were better
than spec.

Chris Stanfield, Mitel Corporation: E-mail to:- uunet!mitel!testeng1!stanfiel
(613) 592 2122 Ext.4960
We do not inherit the world from our parents - we borrow it from our children.