[comp.sys.mac.hardware] Mac-IIsi Programmer Interrupt Switch

CAH0@bunny.gte.com (Chuck Hoffman) (12/24/90)

   I haven't read this news group in a while, so my apologies if this has
been covered before.

   I have a new Mac-IIsi.  The Programmer Switches are defined as follows:
      Reset = Command+Control+PowerOn
      Interrupt = Command+PowerOn

   The Reset works fine, and causes a reboot of the Mac-IIsi (6.0.7).

   The Interrupt doesn't work at all.  I expected to get to MacsBug 6.1,
but nothing happened at all, not even the window you get without MacsBug.

   Is there a later release of MacsBug?  I got mine from APDA less than
two months ago.  I did see a reference to a 6.2 on this bulletin board; is
it generally available?  Is this a known hardware problem?

   Should this be crossposted to comp.sys.mac.miscellaneous?

- Chuck Hoffman, GTE Laboratories, Inc.  |  I'm not sure why we're here,
cah0@bunny.gte.com                       |  but I am sure that while we're
Telephone (U.S.A.) 617-466-2131          |  here, we're supposed to help
GTE VoiceNet: 679-2131                   |  each other.
GTE Telemail: C.HOFFMAN                  |

CAH0@bunny.gte.com (Chuck Hoffman) (12/28/90)

In article <10289@bunny.GTE.COM> CAH0@bunny.gte.com (Chuck Hoffman) writes:

(Concerning the Mac-IIsi):
>    The Interrupt
(Command+PowerOn keys)
> doesn't work at all.  I expected to get to MacsBug 6.1,
> but nothing happened at all, not even the window you get without MacsBug.
>
>    Is there a later release of MacsBug?

I found Beta release of MacsBug, 6.2b1 on the current Developer's CD.
With 6.2b1 the Programmer's Interrupt works just fine.  Unfortunately,
only 6.1 is generally available.

>    Should this be crossposted to comp.sys.mac.miscellaneous?

Maybe it should have.  There was only one response to this query on this
board.  Maybe it's just a slow time of the year.  Is everybody on college
vacation?

Chuck.Hoffman@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Chuck Hoffman) (12/29/90)

In article <10289@bunny.GTE.COM> CAH0@bunny.gte.com (Chuck Hoffman) writes:

(Concerning the Mac-IIsi):
>    The Interrupt
(Command+PowerOn keys)
> doesn't work at all.  I expected to get to MacsBug 6.1,
> but nothing happened at all, not even the window you get without MacsBug.
>
>    Is there a later release of MacsBug?

I found Beta release of MacsBug, 6.2b1 on the current Developer's CD.
With 6.2b1 the Programmer's Interrupt works just fine.  Unfortunately,
only 6.1 is generally available.

>    Should this be crossposted to comp.sys.mac.miscellaneous?

Maybe it should have.  There was only one response to this query on this
board.  Maybe it's just a slow time of the year.  Is everybody on college
vacation?

- Chuck Hoffman, GTE Laboratories, Inc.  I  I'm not sure why we're here,
cah0@bunny.gte.com                       I  but I am sure that while we're
Telephone (U.S.A.) 617-466-2131          I  here, we're supposed to help
GTE VoiceNet: 679-2131                   I  each other.
GTE Telemail: C.HOFFMAN                  I

--
Chuck Hoffman - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
    UUCP: ...!{uunet!glacier, ..reed.bitnet}!busker!226!20!Chuck.Hoffman