[comp.sys.mac.hardware] How to connect IBMproprinter to MacIIci

cordero@turtle.cis.ohio-state.edu (l m cordero) (01/03/91)

How do I connect an IBM proprinter II to my Mac ci and hopefully use
the features of said printer.  Thanks.

djb@mailer.cc.fsu.edu (David Brightbill) (01/04/91)

In article <86998@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> l m cordero <cordero@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>How do I connect an IBM proprinter II to my Mac ci and hopefully use
>the features of said printer.  Thanks.

One way is to use a product from Orange Micro called the "Grappler 9 pin."
I have benchmarked one between a SE and the Proprinter II and it worked OK
but very slow.  It uses the standard imagewriter driver but only works in
"best" quality mode.  The grappler runs about $80 or so.  I have an extra
one I'd be willing to sell or trade.  Let me know.
Davie