[comp.sys.mac.hardware] 70ns & 100ns SIMMs in my IIsi

es1o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric Mitchell Snider) (01/15/91)

Well I just put four SIMMs in my IIsi.  A couple weeks ago I posted a
message asking if putting different speed SIMMs into my IIsi would work.
 I put two 100ns SIMMs and two 70ns SIMMs in.  My computer has worked
fine.  I've been warned by technicians at the computer store here that
eventually the 100ns SIMMs will burn out.  I don't know whether to
believe this or not.

Every piece of information I've found on the IIsi says that it requires
100ns or faster SIMMs.  Some people have said it needs 80ns.  Either my
100ns are really as fast as 80ns or the si really only requires 100ns.
Has anyone else had any experiences with mixed speed SIMMs in an si?

    Eric

es1o@andrew.cmu.edu

amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) (01/15/91)

In article <YbYclja00UhBI4MUxf@andrew.cmu.edu>
es1o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric Mitchell Snider) writes:
> I put two 100ns SIMMs and two 70ns SIMMs in.  My computer has worked
>fine.  I've been warned by technicians at the computer store here that
>eventually the 100ns SIMMs will burn out.  I don't know whether to
>believe this or not.

Oh, no... not this again...

Don't believe them.  Either they are misinformed, they've been smoking
their socks, or they want to milk you for more money.

>Every piece of information I've found on the IIsi says that it requires
>100ns or faster SIMMs.  Some people have said it needs 80ns.

Apple says 100ns.  I trust them.

>Has anyone else had any experiences with mixed speed SIMMs in an si?

Yup.  Works great.  Less filling.

--
Amanda Walker						      amanda@visix.com
Visix Software Inc.					...!uunet!visix!amanda