[comp.sys.mac.hardware] mac IIfx and 32bit QuickDraw

garyf@headroom.ncsa.uiuc.edu (Gary Faulkner) (01/15/91)

Does a IIfx still need 32bit quickdraw?  Seems like I read someplace
that it was
"builtin."  If it makes a difference, I don't have a standard Apple
video card -
it is an E-machines 8bit color.

Thanks

--
Gary Faulkner
National Center for Supercomputing Applications - University of

leburg@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Brian Pierson) (01/16/91)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hardware
Subject:HP plotter drivers
Sender: Brian Pierson
Hello Netland,

	I recently acquired a plotter and want to hook it to my SE. Is there
driver software out in PD or Shareware? I know there is a commercial product
but prefer the cost of most shareware or PD stuff. Thanks for answering.

Brian Pierson

tim@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Maroney) (01/16/91)

(Gary Faulkner) writes:
>Does a IIfx still need 32bit quickdraw?  Seems like I read someplace
>that it was
>"builtin."  If it makes a difference, I don't have a standard Apple
>video card -
>it is an E-machines 8bit color.

All the features of 32-bit QuickDraw are in the IIfx ROM.  You do not
need the file called "32-bit Quickdraw" on a IIfx, nor on a IIci.  I
would imagine (but have not verified) that you don't need it on the
newer color machines, either.

"Religion flourishes in greater purity without than with the aid
 of government." -- James Madison