Date: 19 Jan 91 17:22:54 GMT
From: arun@ac.dal.ca
Subject: Re:Info on Mac LC system

Anyone needing any info on the Mac LC then drop me a line. I have the
following:
          1 floppy drive only Mac LC with 4 meg ram
          1 internal 105 Meg Quantum LP hard drive in the LC
          1 MacSync NEC color monitor with 640X480 pixels in 16 colors
               (will have 256 colors, 8 bit, once the 512K VRAM arrives)

Interestingly the MacSync monitor requires a small but simple modification
to its cable in order to function properly with the Mac LC. The results I have
especially with the drive formatted with silverlining are wonderful.

Total cost for the system was: Monitor    $449
                               Mac LC    $1126
                               Hard Drive $509
                        2 meg extra RAM    $78
               Total                    $2122 US   or $3100 canadian

That was the original.

Thanx

Jim Rinaldo
Editor, Computer-Aided Publishing Solutions (CAPs)
The Boston Computer Society
BCS: (617) 367-8080, FAX: 367-8530

pro-angmar!BCS.Jim@alfalfa.com

tilley@ssd.kodak.com (David Tilley) (01/23/91)

In article <4391.mac.hardware@pro-angmar> bcs.jim@pro-angmar.UUCP (Jim Rinaldo) writes:
>          1 floppy drive only Mac LC with 4 meg ram
>          1 internal 105 Meg Quantum LP hard drive in the LC
>          1 MacSync NEC color monitor with 640X480 pixels in 16 colors
>               (will have 256 colors, 8 bit, once the 512K VRAM arrives)
>
>Interestingly the MacSync monitor requires a small but simple modification
>to its cable in order to function properly with the Mac LC. The results I have
>especially with the drive formatted with silverlining are wonderful.
>
>Total cost for the system was: Monitor    $449
>                               Mac LC    $1126
>                               Hard Drive $509
>                        2 meg extra RAM    $78
>               Total                    $2122 US   or $3100 canadian
>

>That was the original.
>
>Thanx
>
>Jim Rinaldo

Where did you get the LC. I have not seen it priced without the hard drive.
The prices I have seen for the LC 2/40 are around 1600-1700 dollars. It seems
you got that price for an LC 4/105 configuration. I am interested in finding
the LC and the IIsi priced without the hard drive.

dave

rgm@soda.Berkeley.EDU (Rob Menke) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan22.175707.3200@ssd.kodak.com> tilley@ssd.kodak.com
(David Tilley) writes:

   I am interested in finding the LC and the IIsi priced without the
   hard drive.

I believe that the LC configuration without the hard drive is reserved
for educational purchases only (i.e. schools).
--
"Gadget, love, do ya always carry a	|  Robert Menke
 glass cutter?"				|    rgm@OCF.berkeley.edu