[comp.sys.mac.hardware] SIMMs for the Mac LC

moss@mdivax1 (01/24/91)

In article <6758@wolfen.cc.uow.oz> stephen@wolfen.cc.uow.oz (Stephen Nicholson) writes:
>According to a piece of paper that came with a friend of mine's LC,
>the LC requires page mode style memory chips - same as an fx. The
>fx memory is faster but could we use fx SIMMs in an LC.
>
>Any ideas?

I just added two standard (70 ns) 1 megabyte SIMMs from MacConnection
to my Mac LC. My local Apple dealer confirmed that standard (as opposed
to the special IIfx) SIMMs are used in the Mac LC. Plus I've been operating
for three weeks with no problem.

--
  Barry Moss				 (604) 277-1511
  Mobile Data International, 11411 Number Five Road